I LOVE this fabric!!! With only 1 metre of fabric you can get 3 looks!!! The versatility of having both silver and black gives you twice the fun of creating unlimited options with this Twist It Wrap style.
You will need:
- 1 metre of REVERSIBLE BLACK & METALLIC SILVER UNBRUSHED SWEATSHIRTING BSB06729 https://www.backstreetbargains.co.nz/products?utf8=%E2%9C%93&keywords=6729&x=0&y=0
- Matching cotton https://www.backstreetbargains.co.nz/t/fabric-type/thread
- Pins & scissors https://www.backstreetbargains.co.nz/t/fabric-type/notions
- 1 pattern piece measuring 58.5cm x 70cm = BACK cut ONE
- 1 pattern piece measuring 50cm x 70cm = FRONT cut TWO
* The measurements I’ve used are based on MY back (from shoulder to shoulder) plus 2cm added total for seam allowance i.e. – shoulder to shoulder = 56.5cm + 2cm seam allowance =58.5cm
* For the FRONT measurement it totally depends how much of a “drape” you want and. Also depending on the type of fabric you use, you can make this piece to be on a fold or a total of 100cmx70cm. I wanted the twist effect to show the versatility of the reversible black & metallic fabric.
* The length measurement of 70cm is because I’m SHORT :) with a 1 metre piece of this fabric you can make it up to 1metre in length :)
- Cut ONE back
- Cut TWO fronts (or one front on fold)
* I wanted to use the black brushed texture on the sides of the fabric to mix it up a bit with the silver. I Cut the 2 fronts with ¼ of the pattern on the black & ¾ on the silver
- Sew 2 fronts together at 1cm seam allowance & overlock this seam. I sewed the 2 fronts rights to wrong side so when I twist this piece the silver is at both side seams. I also sewed this seam down flat on the black side so the seam wont be quite as visable when it twists
- Twist the front piece once then pin right sides together with back. Sew at 1cm seam allowance then overlock.
- For the hem I overlocked the entire top, bottom and twist pieces the double folded the hem to hide the overlocking